- We'd like to extend a huge thanks for everyone who supported us in the Best of Medicine Hat contest! We've now earned the title of the Best Dog Training Facility for the second year in a row! See the March 31st edition of the Medicine Hat News for a full article about the dog club. We look forward to meeting your dog training expectations in the future. See you at the club!
- We'd like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who came to our agility open house on Tuesday, April 17th! We had a fantastic turnout and are very appreciative of everyone who came to try agility! It was awesome to see 20 dogs and their families taking part and having fun in this drop-in! Please note that the full class will be limited to eight dogs. This means that individual attention can be given to each student, and a more organized environment will be present. This also means that some students may be placed on a waiting list until our next six-week agility course, starting in September. If you haven't talked to Sterling about coming to the full class next Tuesday, please send us an email at email@example.com. Thanks for supporting the club!
- Gas City Dog Club now has an ongoing account with Redi Bottle Depot on South Railway Street. If you want to donate, please take your recycled bottles or cans there; when you get the printout, tell the worker at the pay window that it's for the Gas City Dog Club so they can put the refund in our account. Thanks for your support with this fundraiser; we hope to make things even better at our club for everyone to enjoy.
The Gas City Dog Club offers classes in a variety of training areas. The schedule for our upcoming April-May class session is listed below.
There are also a variety of drop-ins offered at the club. Socialization sessions are a great way to introduce your dog to others at the club, while individual training sessions can help improve your dog's skills in a specific area. As of January 1st, 2017, all drop-ins are offered at a cost of $10.00 per family for each session. Punch cards are also offered at a rate of twelve sessions for $100.00. The schedule for socialization drop-ins are followed, offered every week at the club.
- Miniature Breed Socialization: Sundays from 1:00PM to 1:45PM; breeds include Yorkies, Min Pins, Toys, etc.
- Puppy Play and Socialization: Sundays from 2:00PM to 2:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 1: Sundays from 3:00PM to 3:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 2: Sundays from 4:00PM to 4:45PM
- Mid-Size Breed Socialization: Sundays from 6:30PM to 7:30PM
- Small Breed Socialization: Mondays from 6:00PM to 7:00PM
- Large Breed Socialization 3: Mondays from 7:15PM to 8:15PM
For more information and to pre-register for classes, please call (403) 528-DOGS (3647). You can also call Sterling Hinch at (403) 526-6779. Please leave a message if not answered right away.