- The Gas City Dog Club is hosting a Tricks drop-in on Saturday, January 27th from 1:00PM to 3:00PM. This drop-in will be a great way to learn some new skills and connect with your dog. The regular drop-in price of $10.00 will apply. We hope to see you at the club!
- Our club is hosting a contest for a new Facebook cover photo! Buster has been on the dog walk for such a long time; he needs to lay down and rest, so we need another dog to take his place! The winner of this contest will receive a gift certificate for a six-week course at the Gas City Dog Club, valued at $140.00; the deadline for submitting photos is February 15th. Pictures can be submitted to email@example.com or dropped off at the club. The winner's picture will be used for our Facebook cover photo, and honorable mentions may be used as banners on our website. We're looking forward to seeing your best submissions and cutest dog pictures!
- The 2018 Best of Medicine Hat contest kicks off this February! Nominations can be made until February 9th; the official voting period begins on February 15th. The Gas City Dog Club is looking to defend its title of Best Dog Training Facility, and we need your help! More information will be provided about the contest as the starting vote date approaches.
- Our 2017 Tree of Angels fundraiser was a big success! We were able to deliver plenty of donations to local pet shelters in Medicine Hat, including the SPCA, APARC, Happy Hooves, Furry Friends Food Foundation, and Persian Dreams and Canine Themes. Thanks to everyone who donated and gave their time and energy to the fundraiser!
- Gas City Dog Club now has an ongoing account with Redi Bottle Depot on South Railway Street. If you want to donate, please take your recycled bottles or cans there; when you get the printout, tell the worker at the pay window that it's for the Gas City Dog Club so they can put the refund in our account. Thanks for your support with this fundraiser; we hope to make things even better at our club for everyone to enjoy.
The Gas City Dog Club offers classes in a variety of training areas. The schedule for our upcoming winter classes is listed below, held in January and February 2018.
There are also a variety of drop-ins offered at the club. Socialization sessions are a great way to introduce your dog to others at the club, while individual training sessions can help improve your dog's skills in a specific area. As of January 1st, 2017, all drop-ins are offered at a cost of $10.00 per family for each session. Punch cards are also offered at a rate of twelve sessions for $100.00. The schedule for socialization drop-ins are followed, offered every week at the club.
- Miniature Breed Socialization: Sundays from 1:00PM to 1:45PM; breeds include Yorkies, Min Pins, Toys, etc.
- Puppy Play and Socialization: Sundays from 2:00PM to 2:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 1: Sundays from 3:00PM to 3:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 2: Sundays from 4:00PM to 4:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 3: Mondays from 7:15PM to 8:15PM
- Small Breed Socialization: Mondays from 6:00PM to 7:00PM
For more information and to pre-register for classes, please call (403) 528-DOGS (3647). You can also call Sterling Hinch at (403) 526-6779. Please leave a message if not answered right away.