- The Gas City Dog Club will be hosting a Howl'oween party on Sunday, October 29th! Make sure to bring your dog in costume; owners are welcome to dress up as well! Prizes will be given to the best-dressed dogs in each category; extra points for matching costumes between owners and their dogs! Action shots will be taken during the party and will be posted on our website and Facebook page. Hard copies of these pictures will be available upon request, so be sure to look your best! Snacks and drinks will be provided along with some party games. To ensure a manageable number of dogs at all times, the event will be broken into four sections. Small-breed dogs will have their party at 1:00PM, puppies will have their party at 2:00PM, and large breed dogs will have parties at 3:00PM and 4:00PM. Each party will start with a costume parade, where dogs will be led by leash for the judges to see. The regular drop-in fee will be applied to this event. While online registration isn't required, it would be beneficial to know how many dogs we can expect ahead of time. So please register online or phone us at (403)528-DOGS (3647) if you can! We hope to see you there; Happy Howl'oween!
- Due to the Howl'oween party, socialization drop-ins will not be offered on Sunday, October 29th. However, all dogs are welcome to attend the party and socialize with other dogs and owners.
- Exciting news! A second large breed obedience class has been added to our November-December schedule due to popular demand. It will be held on Thursdays starting November 2nd from 8:30PM to 9:30PM (ending on December 7th). We have a limit of eight dogs per class, so register soon!
- The dates and times for our upcoming agility, large breed obedience, and small breed obedience classes have been changed. Details are listed in the schedule below.
- Gas City Dog Club now has an ongoing account with Redi Bottle Depot on South Railway Street. If you want to donate, please take your recycled bottles or cans there; when you get the printout, tell the worker at the pay window that it's for the Gas City Dog Club so they can put the refund in our account. Thanks for your support with this fundraiser; we hope to make things even better at our club for everyone to enjoy.
The Gas City Dog Club offers classes in a variety of training areas. The schedule for our November-December session of classes is listed below. Our classes are offered at our new location, located at 821 Industrial Avenue S.E. (across from Medalta Potteries.) Additional class times may be added as demand increases.
There are also a variety of drop-ins offered at the club. Socialization sessions are a great way to introduce your dog to others at the club, while individual training sessions can help improve your dog's skills in a specific area. As of January 1st, 2017, all drop-ins are offered at a cost of $10.00 per family for each session. Punch cards are also offered at a rate of twelve sessions for $100.00. The schedule for socialization drop-ins are followed, offered every week at the club.
- Miniature Breed Socialization: Sundays from 1:00PM to 1:45PM; breeds include Yorkies, Min Pins, Toys, etc.
- Puppy Play and Socialization: Sundays from 2:00PM to 2:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 1: Sundays from 3:00PM to 3:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 2: Sundays from 4:00PM to 4:45PM
- Large Breed Socialization 3: Mondays from 7:15PM to 8:15PM
- Small Breed Socialization: Mondays from 6:00PM to 7:00PM
For more information and to pre-register for classes, please call (403) 528-DOGS (3647). You can also call Sterling Hinch at (403) 526-6779. Please leave a message if not answered right away.